Cannabis has more benefits than just getting you high, and using it topically can be one of the most effective ways to take advantage of those benefits. Whether you’re looking to tackle acne, keep your skin clear or treat eczema, cannabis-infused skincare can help. With a few simple ingredients and a little knowledge on how they work together, you can create your own skincare routine that incorporates cannabis. We’ve got everything you need to know about using cannabis in your skincare routine, including tips on how to do it safely and tips for when it’s best used.
What is cannabis-infused skincare?
Cannabis-infused skincare is a type of topical treatment that uses ingredients extracted from cannabis to help your skin. The most common ingredient is CBD (one of the compounds found in cannabis responsible for its anti-inflammatory properties) but you’ll also see ingredients like hemp oil, THC, and CBG, amongst others. Unlike ingested cannabis, which is absorbed through the digestive system and binds to receptors in the brain and other organs, topical products are absorbed through the skin and bind to receptors in the same areas as other non-prescription skincare ingredients. This means they can help with things like acne, eczema, psoriasis, wrinkles, and even male pattern baldness.
What benefits does cannabis-infused skincare have?
There are a number of benefits that cannabis-infused skincare products have when it comes to treating different skin conditions. They can be broken down into three main areas:
- Anti-inflammation: When your skin is inflamed, your pores can get blocked and make it difficult for your skin to breathe. This can affect your skin as well as your joints and muscles as inflammation is a major contributor to both acne and eczema.
- Cancer prevention: Some research suggests that cannabinoids, including CBD and THC, have anti-cancer properties. This makes sense as both cannabinoids and plants themselves are anti-inflammatory, meaning they could protect from certain cancers.
- Skin rejuvenation: As you get older, your skin is less able to renew itself. Topical products can help to slow down this process and help your skin look and feel better.
How do you use cannabis in your skincare routine?
There are many ways to use cannabis in your skincare routine, from adding it to your favorite oils to creating infused skincare products. There are a few ways to use it that are especially beneficial, including using it to treat specific conditions and using it to prevent future issues. Let’s break down how you can use it to treat specific issues.
- Acne: When treating acne, you can add it to your favorite moisturizers, toners or cleansers. It’s particularly good for treating acne that’s related to hormones, since these cannabinoids can help balance the hormones that are causing the issue.
- Psoriasis: If you have psoriasis, you can use cannabis in your skincare products to keep your skin clear. This means using it in your serums or face masks. You can also add CBD and THC to coconut oil, olive oil or other carrier oils to create infused oils. This can be used as a regular moisturizer or as an anti-inflammatory treatment for psoriasis.
- Eczema: When treating eczema, you can add it to your favorite moisturizers or creams. You can also use it in your face masks.
What to look for when choosing products?
To make sure you’re getting the most out of your skincare products, you’ll want to look at products that are formulated with ingredients like CBD, THC, CBG, and CBN. These ingredients come from cannabis, and have been shown to have anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, and skin-regenerating properties. You’ll also want to make sure your products don’t contain any other ingredients that could cause irritation or be harmful to your skin, like alcohol, mineral oils, synthetic fragrances, or other ingredients you can find in cannabis-free skincare products.
Final Words: Is Using Cannabis in Your Skincare Routine Right for You?
Cannabis-infused skincare products can be a great way to take advantage of the powerful benefits of cannabis, but it’s important to remember that it should be used responsibly. Before you try using cannabis in your skincare routine, you first need to make sure you understand how it works. You can find out what compounds are in cannabis and how they can benefit your skin by reading our cannabis article. Once you have a better understanding, you can start creating your skincare routine that makes the most of the ingredients found in cannabis-infused products. Visit Lowpricebud.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.
Build Your Own 7g$40.00
Build Your Own Half Oz$75.00
Build Your Own Oz 8 x 3.5g$140.00
Build Your Own Oz 4 x 7g$140.00