Want to get familiar with the sativa strain? These strains are known for their uplifting and energetic effects. When used responsibly, they can be an asset in helping users feel more alert and positive about life. Keep reading to learn more about this type of strain and how it might be the right fit for you.
What is a Sativa Strain?
A sativa is one of the two major cannabis strains, the other being indica. A cross between two different cannabis plants generally produces a sativa strain. Generally, sativas are shorter in height and leaner in structure when compared to indicas. They’re known for producing higher yields and producing higher quality flowers. Sativas are known to be uplifting and are often used to treat depression, bipolar disorder, and attention disorders. Sativas produce a very clear-headed high, which is why they’re often used to treat conditions that require increased energy and alertness, like ADHD, or chronic pain.
Benefits of a Sativa Strain
- Uplifting – Sativas are known for being very uplifting and can be great for those who suffer from mood disorders or chronic pain.
- Better Energy – Unlike indicas, which tend to give you a more relaxed and sleepy feeling, sativas can be very energizing and help you feel more alert and productive.
- Higher Lung Function – Sativas do not cause the same munchies as indicas, so they’re also great for people who struggle with cravings and weight issues.
- Better for Allergies – Sativas have very little THC and are much less likely to cause paranoia or cause a high than indicas are. That makes them a great choice for those who have certain allergies and those with a fear of getting high.
- Better Quality Bud – Sativas tend to grow much larger buds than indicas and are therefore much more likely to produce high-quality flowers.
Differences Between Indicas and Sativas
There are a few main differences between indicas and sativas.
- THC Content: The THC content of an indica is usually very high. This means that it has a high level of compounds that are similar to the compounds in marijuana that provide the “high” feeling. The THC level of a sativa is usually very low. This means that it does not have a high level of compounds that are similar to the compounds in marijuana that provide the “high” feeling.
- Potency: Sativas are usually less potent than indicas. This means that they typically have a lower amount of THC than indicas. Sativas, on the other hand, often have a higher amount of other compounds that can affect the body. These compounds are similar to compounds in marijuana, but without the high feeling.
- Flavour: Sativas are often known for their fruity and sweet flavour. This is often a result of the indica compounds in the strain. However, sativa strains often have a skunky or earthy flavour, too. This is often a result of the sativa compounds in the strain.
If you’re interested in trying out a sativa strain, you’ll want to be sure that you’re aware of the differences between indicas and sativas. Once you’ve got a better understanding of the two types of cannabis, you can venture out and try out some different strains. You might be surprised by how uplifting and energizing they can be! Visit Lowpricebud.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.
Build Your Own 7g$40.00
Build Your Own Half Oz$75.00
Build Your Own Oz 8 x 3.5g$140.00
Build Your Own Oz 4 x 7g$140.00