Keeping your cannabis fresh is key to getting the most out of your smoking experience. Whether you’re a grower, smoker, or dispensary owner, it’s important to store your cannabis properly to maintain its freshness and potency. This guide to storing cannabis for maximum freshness offers helpful tips and tricks for preserving your buds and keeping them as fresh as possible.
The Basics of Storing Cannabis
First, let’s go over the basics of storing cannabis to get a better understanding of what you’re dealing with. When it comes to storing cannabis, there are a few crucial factors to consider:
- Exposure to oxygen – It is important to keep oxygen away from cannabis because it can change the taste and smell of buds over time.
- The temperature of the environment – The optimal temperature for storing cannabis is around 65 degrees Fahrenheit or 18 degrees Celsius. If the temperature is too low, buds will take longer to dry out and cure. If it’s too high, buds will dry out more quickly but will also be more susceptible to mold.
- The humidity of the environment – A humidity level between 50 and 60% is ideal for storing cannabis. If the humidity is too low, buds will dry out too quickly, causing them to lose their potency. If it’s too high, buds will remain too moist, giving bacteria and mold a chance to grow.
What Containers to Use for Storing Cannabis
Once you’ve decided what type of cannabis you want to store, you’ll need to find a container to keep it fresh. There are multiple options for storing your cannabis, each with their own benefits and drawbacks. While you can use any container to store buds, some are better than others.
- Airtight containers – Airtight containers are also known as vacuum-sealed containers. These types of containers are great for storing cannabis because they keep out oxygen, which is essential for keeping buds fresh.
- Plastic bags – Plastic bags are used by many growers to store their cannabis buds. While they aren’t as airtight as other containers, they are readily available and easy to use.
- Glass jars – While glass jars aren’t as airtight as other containers, they are useful for storing buds that are too moist. They also look great in any cannabis-user’s home.
- Paper bags – Some cannabis users prefer to use paper bags because they are cheap and easy to come by. However, paper bags aren’t very airtight and are less effective at preventing moisture from building up inside the container.
Tips for Keeping Your Cannabis Fresh
There are a few simple steps you can take to keep your cannabis as fresh as possible. Here are some best practices for preserving the freshness of your cannabis:
- Buy small amounts of cannabis – The more cannabis you buy, the faster it will go stale. Buying in small amounts is a great way to ensure that your cannabis stays fresh.
- Don’t buy buds that are too moist – If your buds are too moist they will take longer to cure and become stale more quickly. Avoid buying buds from a grower who keeps them too moist.
- Store your cannabis in airtight containers – The best containers for storing cannabis are airtight. This will help keep your buds as fresh as possible.
- Avoid storing your cannabis in the fridge – While refrigerators are a great place to store food, they aren’t a good place to store cannabis. Storing cannabis in the fridge will remove the flavour from your buds.
- Keep your buds in a cool place – If you store your cannabis in a cool place, such as a closet or cupboard, it will dry out slowly which means it will last longer.
- Keep your buds in a dark place – It is important to keep your buds away from light. This is because light can cause buds to dry out more quickly, lose their potency, and change in taste.
Fresh cannabis is the best cannabis. You can keep your buds as fresh as possible with the right containers. There are many options for storing cannabis, but not all containers are created equal. Airtight containers are the best option for storing cannabis. It’s also important to maintain the right environment for storing cannabis and follow a few best practices to keep your buds as fresh as possible. Visit Lowpricebud.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.