Whether you’re a closet stoner or an avid smoker, we’re betting you know someone who has experienced the dreaded weed hangover. The term is used to describe the feeling of lethargy and nausea that can set in after smoking too much weed. But how does that happen? And how can you avoid it? Read on for some tips.
What is a weed hangover?
A weed hangover is a condition that can occur after smoking too much weed. It’s a common feeling that can last for a few hours or even a day or two. The most common cause of a hangover is consuming too much weed. Someone who smokes too much weed on a daily basis is at much higher risk of experiencing a hangover after smoking a lot than someone who doesn’t smoke often or at all. A hangover can also be caused by other substances. For example, drinking alcohol can increase your risk of a hangover.
Why does a weed hangover happen?
Weed hangovers happen after you smoke too much cannabis. When you consume cannabis regularly—even in small doses—your body develops a tolerance to the drug. This means that you need to smoke more to get the same effect. So when you go from daily to occasional use (or vice versa), you’ll feel the effects sooner than before. This is especially the case if you smoke a lot of weed, which can cause you to have a hangover more often.
Ways to avoid a weed hangover
There are a few ways to prevent a weed hangover and avoid experiencing the dreaded “smokey” feeling after smoking too much weed. Here are some tips:
- Try to keep the amount of weed you consume to a minimum. The amount of THC in one joint varies greatly, so if you’re not sure how much you’re consuming, don’t smoke more than you can tolerate.
- Eat something high in electrolytes like bananas, figs, or salted almonds-these foods are great sources of potassium.
- Exercise – Studies have shown that exercise can help prevent the classic signs of a hangover, including fatigue, headaches, and nausea. So pound out some push-ups, run some laps, or follow a HIIT routine to keep you feeling fresh.
- Stay hydrated – Not only is drinking water a great way to replenish lost electrolytes, it also helps prevent a hangover by rinsing excess weed toxins from your body.
Tips for recovery from a weed hangover
Hopefully, you’ve taken steps to prevent a weed hangover. If you do experience a hangover, here are a few tips for feeling better after a hangover:
- Drink a lot of water-stay hydrated so you don’t end up with a headache, cramps, or nausea. – Eat something high in electrolytes-bananas, salted almonds, and figs are great sources of potassium. Potassium is a natural de-sodder that prevents nausea and cramps.
- Exercise-getting your sweat on can help you detox by rinsing the toxins out of your body and boosting your metabolism. Try a HIIT workout or a brisk walk to help you recover.
- Take a rest day-give your body the nutrients it needs to recover from the hangover. You’ll feel better and be less groggy if you give your body time to rest and detox.
- Chill out-stress can lead to a cocktail of unhealthy reactions like a weed hangover. So try to relax and take care of yourself so you don’t put pressure on yourself to stay up all night.
Weed hangovers are a common occurrence for cannabis users, especially those who smoke regularly. There are a few ways to avoid a weed hangover and some helpful tips for recovery from a hangover. However, if you do experience a hangover, there are some things you can do to feel better in a shorter amount of time. Make sure to drink plenty of water, eat a high- electrolyte meal like bananas, almonds, or figs, and exercise to keep your body hydrated and detoxed. Visit Lowpricebud.co online dispensary for all your cannabis needs.