During the daytime, there is a demand for us to work and be creative. Creativity can help us solve problems, overcome obstacles and create new opportunities. It simply is essential if you want to achieve your goals, conquer challenging tasks and keep moving forward. There are moments when we seem to have an overflowing of creativity and ideas. Sometimes, though, we feel blocked. If this happens to you, a great solution to get those juices flowing again is medical cannabis.
Many people use medical marijuana edibles to get their creativity going. Others use it for a boost of energy, which further helps with creativity. So how exactly can cannabis edibles boost creativity and energy to make you function at your peak during daytime? What are the best strains of edibles to look out for?
Can Cannabis Edibles Boost Energy and Creativity?
Marijuana edible users have reported that certain strains of cannabis help them feel more energized and creative. In order to understand why, it is important to know how marijuana and its cannabinoids affect the body and the brain.
- Cannabis and blood flow to the brain’s frontal lobe. The frontal lobe controls numerous cognitive functions that are connected to our creativity. Studies have shown that very creative people have a high amount of blood flow in their frontal lobe. Research have also shown that marijuana use increase the flow of blood to the frontal lobe of the brain.
- Cannabis and dopamine increase. Dopamine plays a big role on how the body feels motivation and pleasure. When it is at a healthy level, we tend to feel more creative. Studies have shown that acute cannabis use increases neuron activity and dopamine release in the brain.
- Cannabis, relaxation and creativity. We all have an inner critic tells us to play it safe, stay away from new things, and avoid being creative. There are certain cannabis strains that help relax the mind, slow down racing thoughts, help in relaxation and allow enjoyment in the creative process.
Best Cannabis Edibles for Energy and Creativity
Aside from taking the right amount of medical marijuana, finding the right strain is just as important. If you want to try taking an edible to boost your energy and creativity, it is all about finding the right strain and balance of cannabinoids, along with the ideal terpenes.
- Blueberry Muffin. Despite being an indica-dominant hybrid, this strain offers a relaxing body buzz that stimulates your mind enough to keep you focused and energized. It is herbal and citrusy and smells like freshly baked muffins.
- Desert Sunrise. A perfect midday pick-me-up, this strain will give that added push to get you through the day. This well-balanced strain is relaxing and energizing, and gives an extra boost to get you through the day while calming your nerves.
- Jack Herer. Named after the cannabis activist and The Emperor has No Clothes author, this strain is a combination of Shiva Skunk, Northern Lights #5 and a Haze hybrid. This award-winning strain is a favorite for boosting creativity.
- Pure Haze. Hailed as one of the best strains for daytime, this is a cross between Super Silver Haze and Jack Herer with a THC level between 24 and 29 percent. It gives a burst of energy and creativity to fill your day with ease and enthusiasm.
- Sour Diesel. This classic energizing strain is ideal for moderate physical activity, creative projects and combatting fatigue. It is a descendant of the Super Skunk and Chemdawg 91 and is a sativa-dominant strain with 16 to 20 percent THC content.
Now that you know cannabis edible strains that can affect your creativity as you go through your day, all that is left to do not is to pick your favorite strain. If you find yourself still having a hard time choosing, ask a reputable cannabis dispensary in your area for a personalized recommendation.