If you’re looking for an easy way to make cannabutter, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll teach you how to make cannabutter in just a few simple steps!
Introduction to Cannabutter
Cannabutter is a mixture of butter and ground up cannabis. Cannabutter has become quite popular in the last few years, mainly because of its versatility. You can spread some butter on a joint, you can add it on your toast, or you can use it to make other edibles such as brownies and cookies. Cannabutter has a distinctively rich flavour that goes well with all types of dishes.
Making your own cannabutter is simple. The best thing about it is that you have complete control over the quality of ingredients. You can make it as strong or as mild as you like just by adding more or less cannabis.
Process of Decarboxylation
Before you start, you need to decarbonxylate your cannabis. This process is also called “decarbing.” This is an essential step when making edibles. By decarbing your cannabis, this allows the tetrahyocannabinolic acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) to turn into THC and CBD. Without this step, the cannabinoids are not able to activate the cannabinoid receptors in our endocannabinoid system (ECS). The endocannabinoid system is responsible for critical bodily functions such as memory, mood, sleep, pain control, inflammatory and immune responses.
- Preheat oven to 250°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place your dried cannabis flower on the baking sheet, rip it in smaller pieces.
- Bake your cannabis is for 25-30 minutes
- Once done, allow your cannabis to cool. Your buds should be light brown.
- If you are not using all of the decarboxylated cannabis, store them in an air tight container in a cool dark place. You can store them for up to 12 months but it is best if it is used within 6 months.
One thing to keep in mind when baking cannabis, your house will have a very strong smell of weed for a few hours.
How to Make Cannabutter
What you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 cup of water
- 8 ounces of butter
- 1/2 ounce of decarboxylated cannabis
- Using a medium saucepan on low heat, add water and butter
- When the butter is melted, add your decarboxylated cannabis. Mix well using a wooden spoon and cover.
- Let the butter mixture simmer for 4 hours. Stir every 30 minutes. This is to make sure that the butter is not burning. The temperature should not reach higher than 180°
- After the butter mixture has been simmering for 4 hours, strain the mixture using a cheesecloth into a container. Let the butter cool at room temperature.
- Your cannabutter is now ready! You can use it immediately or keep in the fridge or freezer in an air tight container for up to 6 months.
Making cannabutter is a simple process that can be done with only a few ingredients. Cannabutter is a great addition to any meals. You can enjoy all the benefits cannabis has to offer without the need to smoke weed. To get started, get your cannabis flowers at Lowpricebud.co. Visit them today to get the best deals!