The cannabis plant may offer countless benefits, but the pungent smell of burning cannabis has always been an issue. Whether it’s the lingering odour on our clothes or the smell that remains inside our homes, we’ve all wondered at one point or another, just what is the best way to get rid of it.
Maybe you’d prefer not to have your clothing smell before work. Or, you are still hiding your love of cannabis from friends and family. If you’d like to mail order weed in Canada, then here is a list of tips on how to deal with the smell of weed.
Expel the Smell
Despite the spread of the legalization movement, there are countless places where the consumption of cannabis is still frowned upon. In places such as rental houses, dorms, a car, a hotel room, or at public events, there are countless places where it is best to leave no trace of your use.
Whether it’s to protect kids, to avoid offending visiting family or friends, or, in certain instances, to avoid attracting the attention of the authorities, then there are many reasons why you would want to disguise the smell of cannabis. Here’s what you need to know to do it like a pro!
How to Get Rid of the Smell of Weed
After consuming cannabis, the smell often lingers both in the environment and on oneself. And while it’s almost impossible to completely remove the smell of cannabis, there are some time-tested methods that’ll help reduce the smell to more acceptable levels.
What To Do After Smoking Cannabis
Aside from your breath, the smell of cannabis will also linger on your clothes and hair after smoking, especially if you’ve consumed it in an indoor environment. To help reduce the odour, here’s what you can do to avoid attracting unwanted attention.
- Use hairspray, styling gel, or leave-in conditioner to help eliminate the smell from your hair.
- Brush your teeth and rinse with mouthwash to help freshen your breath. Chewing gum will also help disguise the smell of cannabis from your breath.
- Wash your hands after smoking a joint to help eliminate the residual hard-to-remove odour that clings to the skin.
- If you’re medicating somewhere where you shouldn’t be, then consider bringing along a change of clothes to change into after consuming and to avoid attracting attention.
Masking The Smell of Cannabis In Your Home
Removing the offending odour from your body and clothing is only half the battle. If you smoke indoors, then the smell will likely linger in your house for some time to come. Here is a list of quick tips to quickly and effectively counterbalance any lingering odour that builds up inside.
- Several commercial products exist to help neutralize the smell of cannabis indoors. Many of them come in eco-friendly solutions, in the form of lotions, sprays, candles, and many more. Simple to use and highly effective, they can clear the smell in a particular room in little time.
- Wax burners and scented candles can also be helpful in masking the smell of cannabis. By simply lighting them as you smoke cannabis, they can go a long way towards masking the resulting smell of the herb.
- If you enjoy cooking, then why not get busy in the kitchen after consuming cannabis? Cooking with some aromatic compounds in the form of herbs and spices will often help mask the smell of cannabis.
- An infamous last resort for many is to burn a bag of microwavable popcorn. It quickly overpowers any existing smell and will take only 3 minutes to prepare in the microwave.
Using a Sploof to Disguise The Smell of Cannabis
For those who want to get creative at home, a sploof is a homemade solution that’ll help neutralize the smell of cannabis when smoking indoors. A sploof acts as a filter of sorts, where consumers exhale cannabis through the sploof and trap the offending compounds responsible for the smell.
Sploofs are easily made and require only a few simple household products. To make one, gather a paper towel tube, some toilet paper, anti-tobacco spray, and an elastic band. Spray the anti-tobacco spray on the toilet paper and then place it inside the paper towel tube. Then place more toilet paper neatly around the end and secure it with an elastic band, et voila!
All you have to do is to exhale the smoke through the sploof and it should neutralize the smell of the smoke. Just make sure that you leave the window open! Spoofs are most useful when using a one-hitter rather than smoking a joint. In the case of the latter, a burning joint will only serve to fill the room with smoke making the sploof all but useless.
Alternative Ways to Get Rid of the Smell of Cannabis
The easiest way to avoid any issues related to the smell of cannabis is to avoid smoking it. This has never been easier thanks to a rapidly expanding legal market with a huge variety of products on offer that don’t require combustion.
Mail Order Weed in Canada
If you would like to mail order weed in Canada, then at Low price Bud, we stock a wide range of cannabis products such as edibles, tinctures, and a wide variety of concentrates such as shatter, live resin, and budder. The evolving cannabis industry means that there are now a host of new products that are ever-more inventive and come in varying degrees of potency.
None of these products require combustion and therefore won’t leave a lingering smell inside your home or on your person. They are all easily administered, whether through oral administration or with a dab rig.
Discrete and effective for a wide range of uses, whether recreational or medicinal, they provide patients with all new ways to medicate without having to consume via the more harmful combustion methods. This means that more and more consumers can now enjoy cannabis without having to worry about smells that may linger for the days and weeks afterwards.