Sweet and salty, chewy and delicious; what could be better than a peanut butter cookie?
A peanut butter cookie infused with cannabis!
Full of beneficial cannabinoids that can do everything from reducing pain to getting you blitzed, edibles are growing in popularity in Canada, and for good reason. In removing the necessity of smoking from the equation, the associated risks such potential respiratory or pulmonary damage are greatly diminished.
Edibles introduce cannabinoids much more slowly to the body, meaning that the effects last longer too. As an added bonus, edibles are discreet and easy to consume, so if you’re seeking something sneaky, munching on a pot cookie isn’t a bad option. Not to mention that cookies, in general, taste great!
While you can buy edibles online these days, isn’t it much more fun to make your own? And with so many options to choose from when you order bud online in Canada, the possibilities are endless.
One of our favourites is the aforementioned peanut butter cookie. Simple, delicious, and easy to make, this tasty treat is sure to please anyone with a sweet tooth. And with cannabis added into the mix, whether a psychoactive strain or one at is strictly non-intoxicating, the next batch you make will be better than ever!
Why Make Cannabis-Infused Cookies?
Cookies are good for the soul. They taste fantastic, make you happy, and can be a great source of comfort, nostalgia, and joy. And when you bake cookies that contain cannabis, the list of positive effects grows significantly. Whether packed with psychoactive cannabinoids like THC or strictly therapeutic CBD, infusing baked goods and other foods with cannabis offers a multitude of benefits to support your physical and mental health.
For those seeking to order bud online in Canada to help curb anxiety, for example, CBD-rich cookies can offer serious relief without the need to rely on pharmaceuticals. Both CBD and THC (the latter specifically at a certain threshold) can reduce sensations of pain and nausea and decrease inflammation. Being non-intoxicating, CBD is a great option for those who do not want to experience the negative side-effects associated with some pharmaceuticals, nor the inebriating qualities of THC.
Medicated edibles also remove the need to smoke, which itself can cause damage to the pulmonary and respiratory systems, along with a number of other organs and functions. By making smoking nonessential, individuals suffering from pre-existing respiratory conditions and other serious illnesses affected by smoke inhalation are able to enjoy the therapeutic aspects of cannabis without the added risk. This is also good news for the elderly, as well as those who are simply opposed to smoking.
Edibles are also a fun option for those specifically looking to get high. By ingesting THC, rather than smoking it, the cannabinoids will be released much more slowly in the body, allowing for longer lasting effects. But be careful! You don’t want to eat too many. Even though you may not feel effects immediately, the cannabinoids are working their way through the body. Always wait before re-dosing, so you don’t end up with the fear!
What Do I Need for Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies?
What is the one thing that makes cannabis peanut butter cookie batter better than others? Bud butter, of course! Cannabis butter, cannabis cooking oil, or even a carefully crafted pot-infused peanut butter is the glue that holds the recipe together, quite literally. Not only is it necessary for structure and flavour, but the introduction of an infused oil allows cannabinoids to enter the body efficiently.
Simply throwing a handful of dried flower into your cookie dough isn’t going to work. This will result in a less-than-palatable texture and essentially waste your weed, providing little-to-no discernible effects. Instead, try creating a cannabis-infused cooking oil infused with decarboxylated cannabis for the most potent and beneficial cookies possible.
What is decarboxylated cannabis? It is marijuana that has gone through decarboxylation, a process that activates cannabinoids by removing carboxylic acid, transforming chemicals CBDA and THCA into the much more well-known CBD and THC. In activating the cannabinoids, decarboxylation allows the consumer to uptake a much greater percentage of cannabinoids from an edible than from one made with non-decarbed weed.
Generally executed through the use of heat, although there are other techniques available, decarboxylation can be done at home using your oven.
- 5 cups of dried cannabis flower
- Preheat the oven to 235℉.
- Spread dried cannabis out on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. For this recipe, we recommend 3.5 cups.
- Bake cannabis for 30 minutes, agitating every 10 minutes. Check consistently to ensure cannabis does not burn.
- Remove from the oven after 30 minutes or once golden brown.
How to Cook with Cannabis
While regular peanut butter cookies may or may not have butter included depending on the recipe, the balance of peanut butter and cannabis butter makes cookies rich, chewy, delicious, and potent! That being said, not everyone can or even wants to eat butter. Thankfully, there are many options when it comes to making cannabis-infused cooking oil. Coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil; any one of those acts as a suitable substitute for butter and can be replaced in our peanut butter cookie recipe, one-for-one.
Check out our easy butter and oil recipes below!
How to Make Cannabis Butter
- 1 cup decarboxylated cannabis
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup water
- Grind one cup of decarbed cannabis using a hand grinder. Do not use an electronic grinder as this can lead to overgrinding.
- Add water and butter to a pot on a stovetop. Heat on low, allowing to simmer for three hours. Remember to stir constantly.
- Remove butter mix from heat and allow five minutes to cool before straining into a jar cheesecloth or metal strainer. Store in the freezer for prolonged potency.
How to Make Cannabis Oil
- 5 cups decarboxylated cannabis
- 1/2 cups oil of choice
- Teaspoon of sunflower lecithin
- Grind 3.5 cups of decarbed cannabis using a hand grinder. Do not use an electronic grinder as this can lead to over grinding.
- Combine cannabis, oil of choice, and sunflower lecithin in a pot on a stovetop. Heat on medium or until small bubbles begin to form.
- Once bubbles form, turn heat down to low and allow to simmer for one-three hours, stirring constantly.
- Remove oil from heat and cool for five minutes before straining into a jar using a cheesecloth or metal strainer. Store in the freezer for prolonged potency.
Some tips and tricks to ensure your cannabis butters and oils are the best quality:
- Keep the heat low. Intense heat can scald, leaving butter and oil unusable.
- Stir constantly, but not constantly.
- Keep an eye on the colour and smell. Oils and butter should vary between green and light brown. A darkened oil could imply scorching. If you smell something burning, take the mix off the heat.
How Does the Cookie Crumble?
Now we know how to decarb our cannabis, make edible oils, and bake with weed butter, so why not get on it? The following peanut butter cookie recipe works with both dairy and non-dairy options, so everyone has the opportunity to enjoy delicious weedy peanut butter cookies!
Peanut Butter Cannabis Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup cannabis cooking oil or cannabis butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl sift together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together brown sugar, white sugar, and softened butter or cannabis oil.
- Once smooth, beat in eggs one-by-one.
- Add peanut butter. Store until dispersed evenly.
- Slowly combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients until dough forms.
- Cover in plastic and chill for one hour.
- Preheat oven at 375℉
- Form cookie dough into small balls and place on parchment-lined cookie sheets and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 375℉ for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow time to cool.
TADA! Soft and Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies with THC
And there you have it! The easiest, most delicious cannabis peanut butter cookies ever! While the extra steps, IE. the decarboxylation process and the production of cannabis oils does add a bit of time, once those steps are complete, you are left with more than enough butter or oil to make any culinary cannabis creation that you can imagine.
Whether you’re looking for a yummy, medicated snack or you want to get baked on baked goods, the diverse world of edibles offers a myriad of options. When you order bud online in Canada, you can be certain that you’re getting top-quality cannabis, to ensure all your future edibles are potent, safe, and delicious. Whether you prefer high-THC or CBD-rich flowers, finding the perfect bud for your next batch of peanut butter cookies is only a click away!